- View Criteria
- An inspiring leader
- A bold investor in new markets
- Driver of cultural change
- Unsung hero
- Young pioneer
CHANGING THE IMAGE AND PERCEPTION OF MANUFACTURING
Things we know to be true:
- The UK is facing a serious skills shortage across all four of the STEM subjects: science, technology, engineering and maths.
- The widespread public perception of manufacturing – one of dark satanic mills rusting in the run-down communities of industrial Britain, of oily rags and smokestacks staffed by a second-class citizenry – is both inaccurate and damaging.
- The next generation of engineers, tinkerers and makers struggle to associate the technology and products they use every day with the diverse stories and careers of the people behind them.
The Manufacturer Top 100 aims to address this trio of challenges by providing an annual cohort of dynamic industrial role models for those both outside and working within the industry to look up to and be inspired by.
The Manufacturer Top 100 celebrates:
- Inspiring Leaders
- Unsung Heroes
- Drivers of Culture Change
- Young Pioneers
- Investors in New Markets
- Champion our dynamic leaders and innovators.
- Showcase the true image of industry – a sector which offers varied, cutting-edge, well-paid careers.
- Join the ranks of The Manufacturer Top 100 alumni, representing the nation’s global marques, world-class small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and innovative start-ups.